Alex Driving School specialises in preparing learner drivers to pass a Vicroads drive test first time. Our services include teaching new and nervous learner drivers with minimal or no experience. We conduct driving lessons in Melbourne with patient driving instructors who base lessons on communication, achievement and enjoyment.
Alex Driving School Recommendatioins
- A new learner driver would begin with either 5 or 10 driving lessons. Assuming 5 driving lessons were booked and completed, the learner driver would continue to drive with parents around the quiet back streets of the local neighborhood. If the parents feel comfortable, they would continue with driving lessons, eventually moving onto semi-main and then main roads.
The learner driver would return to Alex Driving School at around 120 logbook hours for formal driver training, specifically targeting passing a VicRoads driving test. If however, after the initial 5 driving lessons the parents did not feel comfortable, the learner driver would take an additional 5 driving lessons with his/her driving instructor. Normally 10 driving lessons should be sufficient to begin driving with parents in quiet streets. The cheapest alternative is to bulk buy 10 driving lessons before private driver training with parents. Learner drivers who are new to driving, we recommend starting with 5 to 10 hours of driving lessons, to begin with.
Example (a) 1 Hour 5 or 10 Lesson Package
Example (b) 1.5 Hour 5 Lesson Package
Once a safer driver you may continue driving with friends and family to build your skill level and confidence. Come back to us around the 120 logbook hours to prepare you for the Vicroads driving test.
If this is outside your budget we have cheaper packages to choose from.
Click the link driving lessons prices.
- Learner drivers who are approaching or have completed the 120 log book/app hours and are nearly ready for the driving test we recommend a minimum of 5 hours of driving lessons.
- 1 Hour 5 Lesson & Test Package
- We are specifically preparing you to pass a Vicroads driving test
- After 120 log book/app hours an additional 5 hours with a professional instructor
is the right amount of lessons aiming for a first time pass
- When preparing for a driving test it is strongly recommended meeting at your local Vicroads office in order to conduct the entire driving lessons on the official Vicroads testing routes. Getting to know the testing routes, including correct format and criteria gives you a big advantage to passing the driving test. VicRoads attempt to fit in as many driving scnenarios within a driving test timeframe.
We have a higher pass rate this way as each testing route takes around 60 minutes to complete including clarifying student mistakes, going over certain aspects of the test multiple times (such as parking and 3 point turns) and going over the black spots and difficult intersections of the testing routes. You would be receiving best possible training, aiming for first time pass and value for money if you met at the local VicRoads.
How many driving lessons does it take to learn to drive?
Preparing for a Vicroads Practical Driving Test
How Do I Prepare For The Driving Test?
Hazard Perception Test (HPT)
Contact Vicroads using the above info for available dates and times for the driving test. Before finalising the booking with VicRoads, our existing learner clients should contact their driving instructor and verify their instructors availability for the test booking. Alternatively all clients may contact Alex Driving School by email or phone 0411403111 to verify instructor availability for all bookings.
Vicroads Appointment Fees
All Vicroads appointment fees found here (Learner Knowledge Test, Hazard Perception Test and Driving Test) are to be paid by the learner to Vicroads. These are separate to our fees. Our fees can be found on our driving lessons prices page.
Log and track your hours on the myLearners app
Download Road to Solo Driving Handbook Free
If using a paper log book fill the declaration page on your Vicroads log book. (You do not need a log book if you are over 21 years of age)
In your Vicroads log book enter closer to 130 hours of driving or more.
Signatures from each driving instructor to be matching throughout entire Vicroads log book.
Keep your Vicroads log book entries neat. (do not rip out pages. strikethrough entire incorrect entries instead)
Check out our Tips to Pass Your Driving Test eBook