Not Coming To A Complete Stop At A Stop Sign On The Vicroads Drive Test Is An Immediate Fail.
There must be a STOP SIGN present for the following:
- You must come to a complete stop just behind the stop line (not the stop sign but the line). Just behind the line means within one metre of the line without the front of your car going over the line.
- If you are stopped as the second or third car behind someone it does not count as a stop
- Until they leave and you become the first car on the line.
- And then stop completely just behind the stop line.
- Stopping means STOP, HALT, MOTIONLESS, FREEZE, END, DON’T BE MOVING WHATSOEVER
- After and only after you have done this as the first car on the line count inside your head 1,2,3 in seconds just to be sure you have actually stopped.
- You must do this even if the road you are turning onto is clear and no cars are coming.
For more important tips click here
- If your view is blocked due to parked cars or bins etc. stop first do the abovementioned and if the circumstances allow creep forward over the stop line for a better view.