- As you approach traffic lights and you can see they have been green for a long time bring your speed down by 5km so you can stop behind the stop line easier in the case they turn amber/red.
- If the lights turn to amber on approach, you are too close to the stop line and will not be able to stop behind it safely then drive through the lights. (always a good time to check your mirrors and be aware if that big truck behind you is going through also)
- When you are stopped at traffic lights during your test it is not a time to relax and take a break.
If for example you are the first car on the line and turning left and the green left arrow pops up you must see it and go. If you don’t the car behind will grow impatient, beep at you and you can fail the test immediately.
For more tips and tricks to pass the Vicroads driving test refer to our eBook.
Tips To Pass Your Vicroads Driving Test
- 2 second gap in dry weather
- 4 second gap in wet weather
- As the car in front of you drives past a parked car or rubbish bin, start to count in seconds. You should have reached that parked car or bin just as you’re counting to 2 or 4.
Remember the faster you are driving the larger the gap will be as the gap is measured in seconds.